Looking for a fun way to teach Imperialism
and its ethnocentric effects
and let your students make the comparison
between real historic events and the fictional movie set in the future.
Avatar Viewing Guide with Age of Imperialism Comparison
This is a 20 question guide
to be used while students are viewing the movie, Avatar.
Questions focus on the change faced by Jake Sully and the imperialistic motives
and attitudes of the Americans.
References are made to the Age of Imperialism
and comparison questions
The final question requires students to answer in essay format, providing evidence from the movie and prior lessons on imperialism.
Take a look at my many other Imperialism Resources:
• Imperialism to WWI Mapping Activity
• Imperialism to WWI Primary Source Analysis Bundle
• Avatar Viewing Guide with Imperialism Correlations
• US Coming of Age Imperialism Lecture Notes
• Imperialism of Africa 4-Thought Organizer Reading Guide & Lesson Materials
• Imperialism of Asia 4-Thought Organizer Reading Guide & Lesson Materials
• Imperialism of Asia and Latin America Lecture Notes
• Complete Introduction to Imperialism & Imperialist Motives Lecture Notes
• Age of Imperialism Guided Student Notes Set
• Imperialism Brief Overview Introduction Lecture Notes
• U.S. History American Imperialism Lecture Notes
• Impact of Imperialism Leading to WWI Lecture Notes w/Primary Sources
• American Imperialism Reading & SPRITE Graphic Organizer
Find my Complete Unit on Nationalism, Unification & Imperialism for World History here!
See other Mapping Activities in my Geography IS History Series!
And in my TpT Store
, you will find everything you need for the U.S., World, Geography, Holocaust, or other Social Studies Classroom!