This lesson is part of my Quadratic Functions Unit
This lesson includes 2 pages of guided notes and a 2 page assignment.
Students learn about average rate of change in the order below. They will:
- Learn its basic definition (slope between two points on a graph)
- Learn and understand its formula
- Find the average rate of change for 3 different functions graphically and algebraically
- Understand that an average rate of change of 0 does not mean the function was constant over the interval
- Indicate increasing and decreasing intervals from provided graphs
Answer key is included!