Avian Ecology and Conservation - Twitter Research (Google, PDF, Print)
- Google Apps™
Also included in
- Get students to use Twitter for informative reasons with this set of scientific research activities. This set includes a variety of topics, so I could run a large class discussion after students completed their own work.Use them as homework, a project, sub assignments, or as in classwork.Format:WorkPrice $22.00Original Price $42.00Save $20.00
- The avian world is delicate and often overlooked. This bundle includes several resources that examine the topics of birds and threats to them.Instructional Idea:I like to print the reading articles and allow students to choose one to read with a partner. Then I have them share out to the class on thPrice $9.80Original Price $14.00Save $4.20
- Bundle of science worksheets and teaching resources for an aquaponics and conservation unit. Format:These resources come in multiple formats to work in most all teaching situations!- Google Slide hyperdocs- Easy print PDFs, also digitally fillable- Needed hyperlinks are embedded for easy student accPrice $25.00Original Price $32.00Save $7.00
During this engaging research project, students will review and interact with the Twitter feed of an organization that is a dedicated conservation network, with 122 Partners in 120 countries, working to protect birds. Avian conservation is an environmental issue that doesn't always get much attention. How can we reduce the human impact on the environment and protect biodiversity? This science worksheet will help students consider avian ecology and conservation in an urbanizing world, and will lead them to consider solutions.
They don't need Twitter accounts to do this activity! I provide the Twitter research link directly on the student guide and list the account username they are to search at the top as well.
This worksheet comes in multiple formats so you can use it in any teaching situation!
- Google Slides for Google Classroom
- Digital-PDF for electronic sharing or easy printing
- Research links embedded for quick access
- Short answer and reflective essay
Twitter keeps us up to date on the current status of things in the world and this lesson is meant to show students how to use Twitter in an academic way to reach the topic of environmental conservation. It is also a chance for them to learn that situations in the world are ever-changing.
The guide has them read through the feed and examine it for information and also requires them to consider what future trends may be coming regarding this topic.
You can use this as a sub plan, homework assignment, or as classwork.
⏳ Teaching Time:
30-40 minutes with peer sharing
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
⭐ How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)