This game was designed to be used in my first grade math class during center time. It addresses common core skills 1.OA.6 and 1.OA.8. Students pull apples out of a bag and have to see if they have the missing addend on their tree that matches their addition problem. A worksheet is included that students write their math problems so that they can be accountable for their time in centers.
All my common core file folder games are also available in a cost effective bundle. Check out my store for details!
• Two students play, oldest goes first.
• Place red apples face down on table or in a bag.
• Students take turns pulling an apple out of the bag.
• They check to see if one of their apples on the tree can fit into the equation to make it true.
• If it can place red apple on the apple tree, if not place back face down or in bag.
• First player to fill their tree is the winner.
• Optional: After game is complete students write the math problems on the apple sheet to hand in to the teacher for accountability.
• Print out red apples in color on card stock and laminate. Cut out apples
• Print out tree sheets and direction labels on computer paper in color.
o These will get pasted into file folder.
• Laminate file folder for durability
• Optional: Use velcro so apples can attach to apple tree
Pictures are provided to make assembly easy!