Recently improved again and re-posted with more activities, Common Core aligned tests and primary source readings for a comprehensive 5-8 notes and activity set! Bought individually this unit costs over $88.00. This is a fantastic way to cover all of the KEY POINTS for the Maya, Aztec, and Inca. You can pick and choose from 32 notes formats, worksheets, and activities.
The packet is divided IV parts including:
I. AZTEC, MAYA, INCA NOTES, POWERPOINTS, CLOSE READINGS and CONTENT INSTRUCTION:
1. Printable one pager notes for all three civilizations (Aztec
2. Aztec, Inca AND Maya Close Readings, Analysis Guide and Annotation Activities (Aztec
3. Fantastic visual PowerPoint notes for all three civilizations (Aztec
4. Printable graphic organizers for all three civilizations (Aztec
5. Geography Mini Bundles with seven activities included for each geographic region:South America
6. An Americas Vocabulary Lesson Set
with lots of options, review games and a content/academic vocabulary quiz.
7. An Americas Introduction Investigation
- Students analyze primary sources, look at maps and visuals to make predictions about their learning for the unit. It also comes witha summative reflection activity!
8. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides.
II. AZTEC, MAYA, INCA ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS AND PRIMARY SOURCE READINGS:
1. Mexico Where in the World? Scavenger Hunt and Map Activity
2. South America Where in the World? Scavenger Hunt and Map Activity
3. Engaging Aztec Religion Reading with Common Core Worksheet
4. An Aztec/ Conquistador Shadow Silhouette Perspective Activity with examples, template and youtube instructional link.
5. Common Core paragraph writing instructional materials and writing template
6. Printable homework worksheets based on the notes for all three civilizations (Aztec
7. FaceTime Interviews for Monteczuma, Pizarro, Atahualpa and Cortez. Includes Common Core and Interview Activity Options
8. Common Core literacy and math population decline from smallpox bar graphing activity
9. Aztec Pictograph Analysis Activity
10. Vocabulary Set with an assignment, two review games and a quiz in both PDF and Word!
11. BRAND NEW! This is a completely cross-curricular Diseases the Rocked the World: Spread of Smallpox activity. It includes a simulation activity and covers geography, science, graphing and analyzing primary sources! My students LOVED it!
III. AZTEC, MAYA, INCA REVIEW and FUN GAMES:
1 . An Aztec, Maya, Inca Interactive "People Pass" Review Activity
2. A Flyswatter game with answers that is a review for all three civilizations (exclusive to this bundle)
3. A Venn diagram that compares all three civilizations with answer key (exclusive to this bundle)
4. A student directed review activity for all three civilizations that includes an answer key (exclusive to this bundle)
5. A fun PowerPoint driven "Human Multiple Choice" game (exclusive to this bundle)
IV. AZTEC, MAYA, INCA TESTS and ASSESSMENTS:
1. Common Core Literacy and Writing Aligned Multiple Choice tests in both PDF and Word. Easy to modify! See test example HERE.
♥ CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK!
This bundle has a some great cross curricular lessons that reinforce math, science, writing and reading and fun review games!
♥♥♥SAVE BIG! Buy the entire year of Medieval History Lesson Plans in a discounted MEDIEVAL HISTORY MEGA BUNDLE
_________________________________________________________________________________________________ The Aztec, Maya, Inca Bundle is also available in a digital classroom format
the works great in any internet based or paperless class including Google Classroom! The digital version includes Google Forms assessments, interactive Google Slides digital activities that have premade textboxes, and Google Earth/Maps activities.
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.
Science lessons can be used in the middle and high school classrooms. Our science lessons are student centered and include lab activities, classroom activities, research projects. All of these science lessons are created to encourage student engagement support the Common Core and NGSS standards.