This is a Common Core supplement that was created to fulfill the Common Core ELA and History literacy and writing standards. These activities are engaging and Common Core cross curricular to the extreme! Students use literacy skills in the two handout readings, math skills to create population decline bar graphs and even learn science with the information about smallpox. Then, students use the writing template to complete an informative Common Core paragraph. The bundle of activities includes:
1. An Aztec and Inca Population Bar Graph reading and handout. Students create simple bar graphs with information provided.
2. A Perfect Paragraph instructional handout Common Core writing printable.
3. A Perfect Paragraph Data Analysis Pre-write Template– This was designed to be used with the data from the Aztec and Inca population bar graphs that are also included with this bundle. It guides student writing of an informative paragraph.
4. A Perfect Paragraph Pre-write Template– This is an extra template that you may find useful if you would like to create your own topic sentence for students to research supporting evidence for.
5. Common Core Literacy Printable Eyewitness Account of Spaniards attempt to convert the Inca King Atahualpa to Christianity. This worksheet comes with an answer key.
6. Aztec Sacrifice Religion Reading and Printable Worksheet
7. Aztec Shadow People Pictograph Analysis Activity, Includes Aztec Notes
This bundle is completely cross curricular with lessons that reinforce math, science, writing and reading! For a few bucks more you can buy these activities and about 10 other goodies for a complete instructional unit. Look for the Aztec, Maya, Inca Bundle one of our best selling bundles!
Check out our blog at email@example.com for freebies and updates. Intructomania, Pavlovich, World History Lesson Plans, World History grade 7, lesson plans, worksheets, medieval history, 7th grade history, projects, activities, printables, middle ages, middle school history