As the seasons change, it is a prime opportunity to introduce a bear theme into the classroom. Such things as bear safety, kinds of bear, mammals, and even teddy bears are discussed. Bringing your teddy bear to school and going on a Teddy Bear Picnic or "bear" hunt helps activate this glyph.
***Template for the body of the bear is one sized, and through the use of a photocopier you can adjust it to get the three sizes necessary.****
Good books to accompany this glyph are:
- Welcome to the World of Bears - Diane Swanson
- Every Autumn Comes the Bear - Jim Arnosky
- The Bear That Heard Crying - Natalie Kinsely - Warnock
- We are Bears - Molly Groms & Lucia Guarnotta
- BlackBear Cub - Alan Lind
- Honey Paw and Lightfoot - Jonathan London
- Wesakejack and the Bears - Bill Ballantyne
This is a prime time to introduce the Seven Grandfather Teachings. This integrates the First Nation perspective.