Back to School - Beginning of the Year Starter Kit. When I first started teaching I remember feeling overwhelmed because I didn't have any resources to start with. Whether you are just starting out with teaching or looking to add to your teacher toolbox here is a starter pack for the beginning of your school year.
Included in this purchase is a five-pack of printable materials such as:
1. An introduction letter to parents regarding you, your class, and your background. There is a template set up for you to add to in Microsoft Word as well as a sample letter to follow/edit.
2. A five-minute timed directions test. This has always been a crowd favorite to start out the year. Students are given a set of 20 instructions to follow such as writing their name at the top of the paper, saying their name out loud, counting backwards from 10, but in the end all they had to do was what is says to do on the last step of the directions. Kids love it!
3. A pass for one free late assignment. This is something I have given to students as a reward after a certain period of time during the quarter if they have turned all of their work in. I show it to them the first day of school and then let them know the date when it is available to them. It gives them something to strive toward.
4. A student information form. I copy this onto the back of the Parent Letter for students to take home on the first day of school and then return to me the next day. This gives me their parent contact information as well as a little background about them as my student such as the likes and dislikes, goals for the year, health concerns, etc.
5. A "This is Who I Am" worksheet for students to fill in about themselves as well as include a photo of themselves. These get displayed in my room so other students can learn about each other. Included are things such as their nickname, favorite bands, favorite movies, and a map of the USA that they color in the states they've been to. Any little insight into their lives at the beginning of the year help me get to know them better as well as them getting to know each other better too.
Here are the individual links to the 10 other products included in this bundle:
United States Latitude & Longitude Puzzle - 85 Coordinates to Plot
Where's the Buried Treasure? Part 1 ~10 Latitude & Longitude Treasure Hunts~
Jeopardy Review Game Template - Great for Test Preparation
Classroom Behavior Contract - Field Trip Behavior Contract
32 Famous European Explorers: Trading Cards to be Complete
American History Timeline Matchup - 27 Events: 1607-2001
50 States Class Competition
Social Studies Bulletin Board - How Do You Measure Up in History? - 40 People
50 States Bingo Review Activity
Here's a few other products you might like...
Latitude & Longitude Puzzles Bundle - USA, Africa, Australia, & South America
Government Bundle: Preamble, Articles of Confederation, Electoral College & More
Middle School Economics Bundle: Checks, Budgets, Stocks, College, and Savings!
Civil War Bundle - 5 Activities to Engage Your Students - American Civil War
Cloze Reading Strategy Bundle - French & Indian War Through the U.S. Civil War
CHECK OUT THE REST OF MY BUNDLES TO SAVE MONEY!!
For other "just for fun" activities:
Create a Revolutionary War Caricature
Create a Civil War Caricature
Veterans Day Caricatures
Connect with Surviving Social Studies...
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the ‘Follow Me’ next to my logo to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Thanks for stopping by!
Surviving Social Studies
Copyright ©Surviving Social Studies. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.