OUR SCHOOL SCAVENGER HUNT is a fun, exciting way to jump start your school year by getting your students up, moving, and learning from the very first day of school! Use this project as the vehicle to establish routines, procedures, classroom management, and behavioral expectations. All the Scavenger Hunts were designed as a teacher led activity.
All the prep is done for you! For the School Building Hunt, print out Room Signs and affix next to the correct room before the hunt begins, so students have a reference, and can identify rooms on their list. These Room Signs can be printed as big or small as you see fit. I suggest you affix the room signs to either stock or construction paper and laminate for sturdiness, so they can be used year after year. I always give each student their hunt on a clipboard, so it is easy for them to check off each item they find. This is especially helpful on the hunts that take the students outside the classroom.
All materials were created in black and white for easy printing.
1. School Building Hunt
- Main Office, Nurse’s Office, Art Room, Gym, water fountains, etc.
2. Room Signs for School Building Hunt
- Matching Signs to be posted around school building before hunt begins.
3. Classroom Hunt
- Find cubbies, clock, flag, tissues, etc.
4. School Tools Hunt
- Pencils, crayons, scissors, glue sticks, etc.
5. Colors Hunt
- Find classroom items of each color.
6. Playground Hunt
- Slide, Bench, Climb ‘N Swing, soccer field, etc.
7. Count and Tally Chart
- teachers, exit signs, bathrooms, etc.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Math Scavenger Hunt (outside); Sidewalk Scoot
Thank you for taking a look! I invite you to follow my TPT Store. Just click on the green "Follow Me" button next to the RESOURCES4U Happy Apple at the top of this page.
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases! Your feedback is greatly appreciated!