20 BAT-THEMED GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS FOR READING AND WRITING
Can be used with ANY BOOKS!
These teacher time-saving activities will provide engaging, meaningful practice to greatly improve your students' reading and writing skills, but are so quick and easy for the teacher to prepare. Each of the included graphic organizers can be used over and over and with ANY book you choose. Students will love the thematic pages and teachers will love the ease in which they can meet individual student needs.
THIS RESOURCE IS AVAILABLE IN A COST-SAVING BUNDLE:OCTOBER GRAPHIC ORGANIZER BUNDLE: BATS, PUMPKINS, SPIDERS & OWLS
THE BENEFITS OF THIS RESOURCE:
✓ No-Prep Needed - just copy and go
✓ Reusable - you can use the same organizer over and over with different books
✓ Differentiated - modifications are easy
✓ Can Be Used with ANY book - your students can all complete the same activity with books at their own level
✓ Reteaching Opportunities - because each organizer can be used over and over you'll have the opportunity to reteach and reassess as needed
✓ Flexible - use for literature centers, readers workshop, writer's workshop, small group instruction, RtI, morning work, homework and more
WHAT IS A GRAPHIC ORGANIZER?
A graphic organizer is a visual display that organizes ideas and shows the relationships between concepts or information. Graphic organizers guide childrens' thinking and help them to comprehend what they read. Graphic organizers are also an important tool for guiding student writing.
HOW TO USE GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS:
There are many benefits to using graphic organizers. They are commonly used to:
• brainstorm ideas
• organize thoughts
• structure a writing project
• collect information while researching
• increase reading comprehension
• plan for literature circles and book talks
• examine relationships in literature
• guide student thinking
WHAT SKILLS CAN YOU TEACH WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS:
The skills that can be taught are endless. This specific resource includes 20 graphic organizers (a total of 36 printable pages) that were designed to be use to teach…
✓ predicting (3 differentiated versions)
✓ sequencing (2 differentiated versions)
✓ story mapping
✓ summarizing (2 differentiated versions)
✓ character traits (2 differentiated versions)
✓ schema (2 differentiated versions)
✓ brainstorming / webbing
✓ identifying facts
✓ main idea and supporting details
✓ non-fiction text features (2 differentiated versions)
✓ gathering information
✓ comparing and contrasting
✓ cause and effect
✓ fact and opinion (2 differentiated versions)
✓ note taking (2 differentiated versions)
✓ vocabulary and author word choices
✓ making connection
✓ sorting information
✓ report writing (3 differentiated versions)
To view each of the pages included simply click on the preview button found at the top of this page under the image of the resource's cover
Check out these other popular CLUTTER-FREE HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES and CLUTTER-FREE OCTOBER ACTIVITIES
• MYSTERY UNIT for OCTOBER READING & OCTOBER WRITING
• CANDY CORN FACT FAMILIES / ADDITION FLASH CARDS / SUBTRACTION FLASH CARDS
• CANDY CORN FACT FAMILIES / MULTIPLICATION FLASH CARDS / DIVISION FLASH CARDS
• HALLOWEEN CLASSROOM DECORATIONS & HALLOWEEN THEMED PRINTABLES FOR THE CLASSROOM
• BATS READING & BATS WRITING ACTIVITIES 20 GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS to USE WITH ANY BOOK
• SPIDERS READING & SPIDER WRITING ACTIVITIES: 20 GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS to USE WITH ANY BOOK
• PUMPKIN READING & PUMPKIN WRITING 20 GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS to USE WITH ANY BOOK
• OWLS READING & OWL WRITING ACTIVITIES: 20 GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS to USE WITH ANY BOOK
• SECOND GRADE OCTOBER SPIRAL REVIEW MATH MORNING WORK / SPIRAL REVIEW MATH HOMEWORK
• THIRD GRADE OCTOBER SPIRAL REVIEW MATH MORNING WORK / SPIRAL REVIEW MATH HOMEWORK
• THIRD GRADE OCTOBER SPIRAL REVIEW LANGUAGE ARTS MORNING WORK / SPIRAL REVIEW LANGUAGE ARTS HOMEWORK
• FOURTH GRADE OCTOBER SPIRAL REVIEW MATH MORNING WORK / SPIRAL REVIEW MATH HOMEWORK
• FIFTH GRADE OCTOBER SPIRAL REVIEW MATH MORNING WORK / SPIRAL REVIEW MATH HOMEWORK
• ADDITION & SUBTRACTION HALLOWEEN TASK CARDS for OCTOBER MATH CENTERS
• ROUNDING HALLOWEEN TASK CARDS for OCTOBER MATH CENTERS
• FREE PUMPKIN ACTIVITIES FOR BIGGER KIDS (includes FREE HALLOWEEN MATH ACTIVITIES & FREE HALLOWEEN LITERACY ACTIVITIES)
I am always excited to connect with you! Here’s where you can find me....
Get tips and ideas for Classroom Organization and Management as well as FREE resources delivered to your inbox by subscribing to
• THE CLUTTER-FREE CLASSROOM NEWSLETTER
and follow me on...
• THE CLUTTER-FREE CLASSROOM BLOG
provides free tips, photos and information to help organize and manage your classroom or homeschool materials as well as inspirational and creative lesson ideas.
Do you want FREE resources? Would you like to SAVE 20% on all new resources in the Clutter-Free Classroom Store?
★ Look for the green star
next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page.
★ Click that star to become a follower.
★ You will be notified each time I debut a new resource or upload a freebie!
cfcHALLOWEEN cfcOCTOBER cfcRDNG