The novel "Beardance" is a sequel to Hobbs' "Bearstone." It keeps students' attention - a real page turner. I divided the novel into three parts: Ch. 1 to 8; Ch. 9 to 16; Ch. 17 to 24.
This complete, no-prep unit includes:
- Focus Questions - two or three (mostly three) per chapter,
- For Part 1 and Part 2, a one page quiz per part: Identify the person, True or False, and Multiple Choice,
- For Part 3, a two page quiz: Cause and Effect, True and False, Multiple Choice, and two writing prompts.
- Task Card style writing prompts - 17 of them, chapter specific for 15 of the chapters with 2 for post-novel,
- A Character Log
- A log for grizzley facts that leads to a poster - handout included,
- Word Study
- Book Marks
- a poetry connection,
Aligns with CCSS ELA RL 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and W 1, 2, 3, 7, 9 My Check List for CCSS ELA 6, 7, 8 Reading Literature is included
Please see Preview for some sample pages.