The BEHAVIOR BOOK is a behavior management system for high school & middle school that allows you to easily collect data and keep your students accountable for their actions. By using the BEHAVIOR BOOK, you will create a thorough record of student behavior that will serve four important purposes:
1. To keep track of student progress, keep students accountable, and encourage growth.
2. To have anecdotal evidence to show parents.
2. To provide documentation if you need administration to step in.
3. Quite frankly, to cover your @$$ if anything ever happens.
The BEHAVIOR BOOK will help reinforce your rules and expectations, and students will quickly learn what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior. I strongly recommend this binder to anyone, but for new teachers or those working in challenging environments it could be a life saver. Truthfully, this book helped me regain control of my chaotic urban classroom in a calm and peaceful way.
3 attractive cover designs, Teaching Guide, and 6 printable documents (listed below). All documents are included as easily printable PDFs, but also as editable Word docs so you can personalize the BEHAVIOR BOOK to fit your needs.
● DAILY NOTES – A quick way to jot down events that happen during class without having to stop your lesson
● STUDENT RECORD SHEET – A form to keep notes on a certain student, including infractions, meetings with parents, detentions, and other relevant things. This will serve as the “cover sheet” as you begin to collect documentation on the student.
● GOAL SETTING & BEHAVIOR CONTRACT – A form filled out by both teacher and student to create behavior goals to help the student get back on track. The student, parent, and teacher must sign this form.
● CONTRACT FOLLOW-UP – A form that documents the student’s progress towards meeting goals, filled out by both teacher and student.
● IN-CLASS REFLECTION SHEET – A worksheet to be filled out by the student when a student has received a certain amount of warnings for an inappropriate behavior and is sat away from the group.
● REMOVAL REFLECTION SHEET – A worksheet to be filled out by the student when he/she is removed from your classroom for inappropriate and disruptive behavior. This sheet includes a hall pass to and from another pre-approved location, like a neighboring teacher’s room.
Combine the BEHAVIOR BOOK with some
POSITIVE PHONE CALLS
and start your year off strong!
Prepare for anything with the
SECONDARY SUBSTITUTE BINDER
for all subjects.