Finally! A KINDERGARTEN/Year 1 resource......
PRACTICAL & INDEPENDENT LITERACY ACTIVITIES
Ready to GO!!
The hard work is DONE!
Saves you hundreds of hours in prep time.
‘BEST Practice Activities for KINDERGARTEN and Year 1’ provides literacy teaching and learning activities to support teacher and your Early Learning Plan.
What is this resource?
• Independent activities delivered in engaging and interesting learning centres – at students’ level of knowledge and skills.
• Provides support to teachers and enhances the implementation of quality literacy teaching in your classroom.
• Learning centres planned with a clear focus......... READY TO USE!
• Gives the students opportunities to practise and apply literacy learning in other situations.
• Provides independent teaching to engage and supports students to achieve lesson goals.
• Directly linked to the NSW English Syllabus and the Critical Aspects of Literacy Development.
• Written by a Kinder/Year1 teacher actually working in a NSW school with 14 years Kinder /Year 1 experience.
What are Independent Activities?
Modelled, Guided and Independent teaching are three strategies that teachers use during literacy teaching. They allow new knowledge to be introduced and assist students to practise, consolidate, transfer and apply literacy learning. In independent teaching, scaffolding provides minimal support from the teacher and a much greater opportunity for students to demonstrate their new learning and apply it to other situations.
All these activities have been SUCCESSFULLY used in Kinder and Year 1 classrooms for the past 5 years.
If you like this product, you may be interested in my Comprehension Strategies Series - Stage 1.
Thanks and enjoy all these engaging activities and ideas.