Are you looking for a way for 7th Grade math students to develop their basic skills to be successful in relevant topic areas? You can use a basic skill assessment of 25 foundational skills for Algebra success. Skills include:
Adding Mixed Numbers
Subtracting Mixed Numbers
Multiplying Mixed Numbers
Dividing Mixed Numbers
Multiplying by Powers of Tens
Dividing by Powers of Tens
Estimating Square Roots
Rounding to Whole Numbers
Converting Fractions to Decimals
Converting Decimals to Fractions
Convert Fractions to Percentages
What Number is a Certain Percent of Another Number
What Percent is a Number of Another Number
What is included here is the Socrative testing program (free at socrative.com) import codes for all BIG 25s for the year A through HH.
Socrative is the best way to administer the BIG 25 for students because it:
• No more grading! Automatically grades and scores every student submission in real time as students answer questions
• Each question already has answers loaded with multiple possible student variations.
Example 0.6 .6 and 0.60
• Gives teachers a break-down of how students did on a question by question or overall status.
• Allows teachers the ability to monitor student progress remotely from any internet connected device.
• Provides instantly student by student PDF score sheets for student review.
If you haven’t assessed students online before, you will be pleasantly surprised by all the benefits! Give it a try!