BIOGRAPHY ACTIVITIES to Use When Studying Anyone
This top selling biography unit provides teachers with no prep printable biography activities that can be used over and over when studying any person.
I designed this unit to enhance the study of individuals. The activities can be used as part of a genre study or within the content areas. I have also used them with author studies and have had the children complete them as autobiographies about themselves.
THE BENEFITS OF THIS RESOURCE:
✓ Simple for teachers - just print the no-prep pages
✓ There are different options included so you can meet your students needs.
✓ Every page can be used with any biography study - use them again and again!
✓ Kids LOVE it. They are motivated to read and research because the projects are engaging.
✓ Your principal, colleagues and school librarian will be impressed by the creative methods of sharing learned information.
✓ It is differentiated which means you will be able to use it year after year even if you change grade levels.
✓ It integrates reading activities with writing activities and a creative projects.
✓ It has been tested by hundreds of different teachers with rave reviews.
THIS 22 PAGE RESOURCE INCLUDES
• About the Project
(a basic overview for teachers)
• Biography Poster
- Students gather information about any individual and use their research to create an 8.5 x 11 inch poster. The poster has spaces to record the person’s name, date of birth, place of birth, interesting facts, reasons of importance and character traits. They then draw a portrait of their individual.
• My Life in Pictures: A Scrapbook Biography Project
- To complete this biography activity the student will take on the role of the individual they are studying. The student can either draw illustrations or print and attach photos highlighting important parts of the individual’s life. The student then writes captions. This biography report is so much more fun than writing an essay and more pages can be added as enrichment.
• Top-Down Topic Web
- This graphic organizer shows the relationships to the main idea and details. They represent main ideas in a hierarchy. These research-based tools help the students to comprehend what they have read because it organizes ideas in a systematic, visual graph.
• The Important Book Biography Activity
- The Important Book is a great book for teaching students about writing patterns. This activity was modeled after the format of that book and was designed to encourage students to identify key, important facts about the person they are studying. It makes a great bulletin board display.
• Body Biography
- A Body Biography project is a combination of artwork and writing. The packet includes a poster to use as directions or to display with the students’ completed biography projects. They complete sections such as a speech bubble with a quote by the individual, a thought bubble to show what he/she has thought about, shoes labeled with places the person has been, a heart filled with character traits. They then draw objects in the hands that relate to the person and create a background that tells the viewer more about the historical figure.
• Timeline Biography Report
- Unlike a lengthy written report, this is a creative way to showcase important events in the person’s life. Students identify key moments and tell about them in words and pictures. They are added to a foldable accordion booklet in sequential order.
• I AM Poem
- An I AM Poem is typically completed as an autobiography. I also have my students do one about themselves to learn more about them. The format is also great for showing what they know about a person they have learned about. The students take on the role of that person to write the poem in the first person.
REAL TEACHER TESTIMONIALS
• This was great for our famous americans unit. Thank you. Your resources are engaging and thought provoking.
• I have used this the last two years for our History Fair and it never disappoints. Thank you for all your hard work!
• This was great to use in my multi-age classroom. The differentiation was already done for me.
• Great ideas and a variety of formats for presenting the work. This was great. Thanks.
Check out these other popular CLUTTER-FREE ENRICHMENT ACTIVITIES and CLUTTER-FREE RESEARCH PROJECTS
• DESIGN A GAME - GREAT FOR REVIEWING ANY TOPIC
• ANIMAL RESEARCH PROJECTS - CAN BE USED WITH ANY ANIMALS
• PUPPET BOOK PROJECTS
• LIVING BIOGRAPHY MUSEUM: A CREATIVE BIOGRAPHY PROJECT
I am always excited to connect with you! Here’s where you can find me....
Get tips and ideas for Classroom Organization and Management as well as FREE resources delivered to your inbox by subscribing to
• THE CLUTTER-FREE CLASSROOM NEWSLETTER
and follow me on...
• THE CLUTTER-FREE CLASSROOM BLOG
provides free tips, photos and information to help organize and manage your classroom or homeschool materials as well as inspirational and creative lesson ideas.
Do you want FREE resources? Would you like to SAVE 20% on all new resources in the Clutter-Free Classroom Store?
★ Look for the green star
next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page.
★ Click that star to become a follower.
★ You will be notified each time I debut a new resource or upload a freebie!
TO SAVE TEACHERS TIME & HELP YOU FIND WHAT YOU NEED QUICKLY, THE FOLLOWING LIST CONTAINS RELEVANT SEARCH TERMS: Biography, Biography Poster | Biographies and Autobiographies | Biography Project | Biography Report | Biographies
cfcSCLSTDS cfcBGRS cfcNRCHMNT