- SAVE!! February is Black History month! Here's a great way to celebrate by studying the life journeys of two popular performing artists--Denzel Washington and Audra McDonald? These four lessons, two close reading and two one pager assignments are similar but different, depending upon the needs of t$13.05$13.50Save $0.45
- Bundle! Here are NINE sets of materials to help the teacher during a time of quarantine--costume design, speech rubric, biography assignment, personality profile assignment performing rubric, origin of theater, speech review and assignment, directing advice and a warm up. Eight products are free a$4.17$7.00Save $2.83
- This is a GROWING BUNDLE! SAVE 20% Celebrate Blàck History month with a lesson focused on Audra McDonald, Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, Billy Porter, Cynthia Erivo and Camille A. Brown--Broadway Tony award nominees and winners. The students research questions about their lives, journey to Broadw$14.00$17.50Save $3.50
FREE!! Celebrate Blàck History month with a lesson focused on Audra McDonald, the Broadway Tony award winner. The students research questions about her life, journey to Broadway, various accolades and study her growth mindset. Finally, using a One Pager assignment, the student designs her life.
In addition, a teacher could assign this lesson to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTpT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
This lesson is part of a more extensive lesson which is three days in length.
Many teachers combine these biographies with others of mine on actors Lin Manuel Miranda and Denzel Washington, actress Meryl Streep or designer Ming Cho Lee. Or they tie it to my lesson concerning the Tony Awards at: Tony Awards Lesson
If your students need to do a research project, the Places Please lessons are good ones to introduce the unit. Perhaps more students would pursue a career in the theater arts if we show them what is possible for them?
These bios. are a great spring board for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. I teach theater with a twist. This is an example of what I mean.
Find the full length product at: Audra McDonald
Check out my entire store at: Dramamommaspeaks
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.