: An electronic smartboard version of the game Boggle for Windows. It is ideal as a lesson warm-up, spelling activity or for Literacy Centers. It creates a new board each time you press the button. Check it out by watching this YOUTUBE VIDEO
Click here to see the Boggle demonstration FLASH FREEBIE!!!
For a limited time I will be making this Boggle game FREE. All I ask is you leave feedback, Pin, Share and/or Like if your younglings enjoy it :-)
Game in a Nutshell
You press the roll button, the letters all move around, students find as many words as possible, students add the scores of their words together to find a winner.
- to have a little fun while practicing word building
- to practice problem solving skills.
What You Need
1 Electronic Scroggle Program
scrap paper for each player
a timer of some kind
- Project the game board onto your whiteboard.
- Set up the game on a laptop or PC for small group work.
How to Play
1. Students sit with a pencil and paper facing the puzzle in pairs.
2. Leader presses the Start button on the puzzle generator and starts a timer.
3. Students join the letters horizontally, vertically and diagonally to form words.
NB They can join the corners of touching letters to form words.
4. After 3 minutes (vary the length of the game based on your students' needs or have no time limit) students compare words and eliminate spelling mistakes, non words etc.
5. Students tally the points for each word and decide on a winner.
Before the Game
- Discuss strategies used by yourself and the students for finding words e.g. I tend to have a general glance at the board to see what just pops up then start at the top of the board looking for consonants followed by vowels to see what I can join together and then work my way to the bottom of the board. I then look for words that start with vowel sounds. What works for you?
- Do a web search for 'Boggle tips and tricks' and see what pointers you can get.
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY MEGA BUNDLE!
- The package includes ALL
the Math and Literacy games currently in my store PLUS
every resource I create for the next YEAR
It's like a great classroom resource that just keeps on giving. :-)
CLICK HERE to see the Mother Load :-)