Brought to you by Kodaly Music With Mrs Perry, this fun folk song is terrific for 4th grade rhythm review and melodic learning of "fa". Here's what you get:
* 20 PAGES
* HISTORIC BACKGROUND on the song, including photos and many website links
* GEOGRAPHY that begins with a map of the world and it zooms down through a series of slides to the US South and then to Mt Vernon, Virginia. Why? Because, the song was born in the US South and, the song lyrics include reference to "hoecakes", and those were some of George Washington's favorite foods.
* RHYTHM REVIEW that is animated. The cabbages will enter in and count off. They will then bounce along, leading students through the song rhythm.
* MELODIC WORK that introduces the pitch "fa". Tap on the board to reveal the locations of the pitches (it is animated, also).
* FORM WORK is found in the fact that there is a refrain and a verse
* ACCOMPANIMENT is written in an easy to play pattern for either xylophones or Boomwhackers and are color coded.
* CONTRA DANCE directions are included. This is easy for beginners and only has 2 type of moves.
Boil Them Cabbage Down
by Traditional, Arrg. by Debra Keller-Perry
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License