If you have not yet read the book "Bone Soup", run....don't walk.....to your nearest book store and pick this up for your October lessons! You and your students will LOVE Finnegan, the little goblin who tricks the other ghosts and goblins into helping him make Bone Soup!
This Bone Soup Literacy and Math Unit is the perfect compliment to the book "Bone Soup" (book not included in this product). Included in this set you will find;
1. Full color lesson plans to help you create a spooky lesson your students will surely love!
2. How To Make Bone Soup - Sequencing Worksheet
3. Spooky Nouns - Sort the noun pictures by person, place or thing
4. Bone Soup Story Map
5. Our Magic Potions Book - make a class book of potions using the words
first, next and last
6. My Magic Potion Diagram - students draw a picture of their cauldron and all
ingredients in their potion
7. Cauldron craft
8. Spooky Soup Recipe work sheet
9. Monster Math - Cut & paste the sum of each addition sentence
10. Tally Up Dem Bones - Match numbers to the tally marks
BONUS GAMES- These Literacy and Math games are perfect for centers or small groups:
1. Beginning Sounds Clip Cards
2. Short Vowel Punch Cards
3. Tally the Bones Clip Cards
4. Bone Soup Story Problems
Suggested Additional Items you will need for this Unit (not included):
~ Book "Bone Soup"
~ Plastic cauldron or bucket
~ Dollar store Halloween novelty toys
~ Clothespins (for the clip cards)
Do you need other Fall Learning Center and
Writing activities: Click here to see all of my October Centers!
OCTOBER CENTERS - Halloween ThemeOCTOBER CENTERS - Fall Math ThemeOWLS - An Integrated Science and Writing Unit