Looking for a Halloween song your kids will love that also lets kids prepare and practice elements such as minor, , m-d-l, , half notes, and , along with a fun Orff accompaniment, a barred instrumental section for great mallet technique work, a melodic assessment slide, AND ? Sounds "scary" but this resource does it!
You Will Receive
- a 35-slide PPT presentation that helps you teach the song, barred instrument parts, Kodaly rhythm/melody, and ukulele
- embedded audio mp3 files of the song and a practice track for a "spoken" bridge section
- PDF files of the full score
- a link to the Google Slide version
a game slide
a melodic assessment slide
The video PREVIEW (square thumbnail with PLAY button) lets you hear the entire song! The PDF preview (green button above) shows you many slides in the presentations!
What is the Back to Basics Series?
In both PowerPoint AND Google Slides versions, the presentations include mp3s of the instrumental arrangement and then multiple slides using the Kodaly process, Orff approach, movement, games, assessment, etc. to teach the piece through rhythm and pitch.
Other Resources on Oodles
The Winnie-the-Pooh Series (in PPT and Google Slides versions)
The Oodles Song Teaching Series (in PPT only w/lots of mp3s)
- I Hear Spring (cumulative song and composition options)
- The Charm of Encanto (Latin-themed rhythm exploration)
- Change the World With Kindness ("Change Sings" companion song for youngers)
- The Change Is You (Companion Song to "Change Sings" for older students)
- Dr. King Had a Dream
- Martin’s Dream of 1963 (for Grades 4-6)
- One Piece of Pie (aka One Bottle of Pop)
- Who Has Seen the Wind?
Follow my blog Oodles of Music for
- tons of free resources
- ukulele playalongs from easy to advanced (some of my most visited pages)
- MEGA databases (by song subject, great videos for you and subs, holidays)
- Tips & resources for concerts, staging, decorations, blacklights
Follow my YouTube channel for
- Play along videos of recently released songs that kids love
- Ukulele, rhythm stick, and body percussion playalongs