Please download the Preview first!
Need some spooky and fun activities for October?
In this packet you will find:
Work on Writing/Writing Activities:
-Spooky Writing Prompts
-Spooky Story Journal (with prompts)
-Draw and Write (draw a scary scene and write about it)
-Spooky Sentences (use the three words given to write a detailed sentence)
Reading Strategies and Skills:
-BOO! Guess Who? (Students use the clues from the text to figure out the mystery character, object, or animal)
- Spooky graphic organizers for story elements, summarizing, sequencing events
- Two reading response activities to accompany the texts, "Where's My Mummy?" and "Bone Soup"
Word Work/Phonics Activities:
-Trick or Treat (real vs. nonsense words sorting activity)
-All Tangled Up (putting words in ABC order and recording)
-Wicked Word Building (students try to make as many words as they can with "October" and Halloween"
Math Tubs/Math Games:
- Pumpkin Estimation (estimate the number of seeds inside a pumpkin and analyze the results)
-Survey Says (conduct a survey on how many people like/dislike spiders and analyze results)
- Black Cat Match-Up (Commutative Property addition practice)
- Spooky Bingo (addition and subtraction bingo game)
- Candy, Candy Everywhere (adding two numbers activity)
- Ghost Hunt (students go on a "ghost hunt" to solve spooky word problems
In addition to these activities, you will also find four Halloween crafts.-Bat Craft Templates and Writing Activities (including "Wing Flappin' Facts" writing sheet)
-Spider Craft Templates and Writing Activities (including "Facts That'll Make You Crawl" writing sheet)
-Monster Craft Templates and Writing Activity, called "How To Spook a Monster"
-Scarecrow Craft and Glyph Activities
All of these activities align perfectly with the Common Core!