BOOK ACTIVITIES & EXTENSIONS: The Legend of the Bluebonnet
Activities to Accompany The Legend of the Bluebonnet
is a thematic unit based on Tomie dePaola's wonderful book. Included in this product are several literacy, math, and writing centers. These extension activities are best suited to grades 1 - 4, relate to Native American culture, cover a broad range of subjects and topics, and are CCSS aligned.
• canoe compound words literacy center
• prized possession narrative and Venn diagram
• tipi retelling
• character traits shield
• scrambled words literacy and math center
• Native American symbols sort
• water cycle and drought
An addendum provides guides to pictographs and geometric designs.
You may also like these book extension products:
• Activities to Accompany The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush
• Hoedown! Activities to Accompany Barn Dance
• Hanging Out with Stellaluna
Please visit my blog
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Your feedback is important to me. Thank you in advance.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower
. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.