CRITICAL THINKING: Story Sleuths II Literature (Caldecott books)
Continue the fun from STORY SLEUTHS I
with 4 more weeks of critical thinking. Using Caldecott Award winning books, Story Sleuths II
is designed to be conducted as whole school enrichment by an enrichment specialist, literacy coach, librarian, or art teacher. However, it can easily be adapted to single classroom use, especially as a challenge for your gifted students.
Here's how it works:
• After you read the specified set of Caldecott books to your class, give your students a set of clues that describe 1 of the books.
• They have 1 week to solve the clues and submit their guess.
• Certificates are provided for the winning classes or teams.
• The next week brings a new set of clues on the same set of books. Play continues in this way for 4 weeks.
Many levels of Bloom's Taxonomy are employed in this unit. Students will also enjoy great literature, learn about artistic media, and participate in collaborative thinking. Moreover, it is CCSS aligned.
There are more Story Sleuths units:
• Story Sleuths I
• Story Sleuths III
• Story Sleuths Bundle
Please visit my blog
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Your feedback is important to me. Thank you in advance.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.