BOOK TALKS: PRESENTATION, HANDOUT, PLANNING SHEET, & RUBRIC
Bring book talks into your classroom with this ready-to-use resource! Book talks are an excellent way to assess your students' independent reading, while also bringing in new novel recommendations for other students in the class.
Rather than a novel analysis or review, book talks are short speeches that are given with the intent to convince someone to read a novel. This resource includes absolutely everything you need to implement this assignment in your class.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• A 14 slide Powerpoint presentation that discusses the following: What is a book talk? What is the purpose of a book talk? How to write a book talk. How to deliver a book talk.
• A student handout with all of the important information they will need to write their book talk
• A graphic organizer for students to do pre-writing
• A student checklist that they can use to make sure they have included all the important components of a book talk.
• An easy-to-use teacher rubric that makes marking a breeze!
All handouts are both in color and black and white for easy printing.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
ONLINE DATE WITH A BOOK: INDEPENDENT READING ACTIVITY
50 PRINTABLE CREATIVE ASSIGNMENTS
© Presto Plans
Click HERE To Sign Up For 2 Weeks Of FREE English Bell Ringers