- Build content-area literacy as you explore Brazil and the Amazon rainforest with the four engaging activities and three colorful photo posters in the Discovering Brazil Activity Pack.Cross-Curricular Activities Included:Animal Classes of the Amazon highlights the six major animal classes with a cut-
- If you’re looking for a resource that provides an introduction to the country of Brazil, then Snapshots of Brazil is just the right size. Like all books in the Snapshots of the World series, it includes a world map showing the country’s location, the national flag, cultural symbols and landmarks, co
- Take an in-depth look at the symbols, language, geography, art, and rainforest ecosystem of Brazil—at a savings of 25%—with the books, activities, and posters in the Exploring the Culture of Brazil Bundle. Book Resources Included:Snapshots of Brazil introduces the location, national flag, cultural s$10.30$6.40Save $3.90
- Highlight countries and cultures throughout the year—AND SAVE 25%— with the Discovering Countries and Cultures Around the World GROWING Bundle. This comprehensive set includes 27 books, 39 posters, and a whopping 126 activities that bring countries and cultures to life. This set also includes the en$138.70$83.20Save $55.50
Enrich your study of Brazil—and save 20%— with the , which includes an introductory book, five cross-curricular activities and three colorful photo posters.
- introduces the location, national flag, cultural symbols, and landmarks of Brazil, along with common phrases in Portuguese. Each book in the Snapshots series also includes a crossword vocabulary/comprehension review.
Cross-Curricular Activities Included:
- highlights the six major animal classes with a cut-and-glue puzzle and pairs with the Animal Classes Poster (described below).
- describes the unique characteristics of the toucan in a Read and Color format.
- uses cut-and-glue illustrations to match animals that live in each layer of the rainforest.
- develops critical thinking skills with interactive written directions.
- features six animals—one for each major animal class—that live in the Amazon Rainforest.
- illustrates the four layers of the rainforest with two animals that live in each level.
- is an 11 x 17 inch poster that illustrates six cultural symbols with colorful photographs.
- teaches interesting facts about the symbols on Brazil’s flag.
Portuguese Words and Phrases: (includes phonetic pronunciations)
não (no), obrigado (thank you), olá (hello), por favor (please), sim (yes), tchau (goodbye)
Additional Vocabulary Words and Phrases:
- Snapshots: acai, Amazon, Carnaval, elaborate, emergent, flea frog, globe, jaguar, Portuguese, rainforest, Rio de Janeiro, Seven Wonders, South America, World Cup
- Activities: bill, canopy, damp, emergent, forest floor, piranha, rhinoceros beetle, river dolphin, shelter, species, tributary, understory
- Promoting respect and appreciation for cultural differences
- Identifying national and cultural symbols of Brazil
- Introducing the Portuguese language
- Following written directions
- Reading a map
- Using a compass rose to locate places on a map
- Identifying animals in six major animal classes
- Identifying the levels in a rainforest ecosystem
- Critical thinking skills of comparing, contrasting, and analysis
- Building content-area literacy in social studies
- Reading fluency and comprehension
Sample Pages: Please see the preview for sample pages from the books and activity pages. To view additional images, click on the thumbnails shown above.
Technical Info: The resources are in PDF format, combined into a single zip file, and illustrated with original, high-resolution images and/or photographs.
Bundle and Save: The materials in the Discovering Brazil Bundle are included—at a savings of 25%—in the , a super set of resources that also contains a Portuguese counting book, a mini-coloring book featuring Portuguese color names, and a Teacher’s Language Guide.
Countries Currently Available in the Discovering Our World series:
Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands, Egypt, France, Ghana, India, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, Russia, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States (Grades K-1), United States (Grades 2-3)
Connect with Let’s Get Real
Visit My Store: Click here to see all of the Let’s Get Real topics and resources. Look for the category list on the left side of the home page.
Facebook: Click here to follow me on the Let’s Get Real Facebook page for weekly posts about teaching strategies and resources.
Pinterest: Click here to check out the Let’s Get Real Pinterest boards for more ways to enrich your teaching themes.
What kinds of resources does Let’s Get Real offer?
Let’s Get Real take-home books and learning center resources focus on content-area literacy, that is, helping children gain the specialized science and social studies vocabulary that enables them to excel in reading fluency and comprehension. In addition, all Let’s Get Real resources are illustrated with realistic, original images and/or photographs.
How can I see what you offer or know when you’ve added new materials?
Click on the star to the right of this description (under my pic) OR click on my store link (above), then click on the star at the top of the page to follow Let’s Get Real. You’ll be the first to know about new materials, sales, and freebies. To view the resources by science/social studies topics, look to the left on the store page, under the heading Custom Categories.
What are TPT credits and how do I get them?
Every time you provide feedback for a purchase, TPT gives you 1 credit for each dollar you’ve spent. After you’ve used (and hopefully loved!) a resource, hover on your picture at the top of the page and open the “My Account” tab. Click on your “My Purchases” category. You should see a list of your purchases with a “Provide Feedback” button for each one. Just click the button and you’ll be taken to a page where you can rate the product and leave a comment for me. You can apply the credits you earn to any future purchases and I always appreciate your positive feedback.
What do I do if I have a question about or problem with a resource?
You can always contact me through the product Q & A tab, located at the bottom of the product description.
Please “share the love” by telling others how much you like Let’s Get Real products; but please don’t share the copyright. Each Let’s Get Real resource—including graphics and illustrations—is copyrighted by Dr. J/Teaching Texas LLC and may not be redistributed, sold, or placed on the internet. This resource is for one teacher-use only. Thank you so much for your support!