Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Take your students on adventures of a lifetime with 7 totally paperless digital escape rooms! Two new breakouts have already been added in 2020! Two more breakouts will be posted this spring. Purchase now before the price increases! ALL YOU WILL NEED TO DO IS REDOWNLOAD WHEN THE NEW FILES ARE ADDED!
Breakout Products Included:
If you are familiar with Breakout EDU, these are digital escape rooms that are completely PAPERLESS!
ELA content covered across these resources:
Parts of Speech
Finding evidence in informational text
Non-Fiction Text Features: Timelines, Maps, Newspaper Articles, and more
AND SO MUCH MORE!
This content is covered through high-quality non-fiction digital text and comprehension questions within the form.
5 things to love about these digital breakouts:
1. NO-PREP! There is NOTHING to print, cut, laminate, clues to hide, or locks to set. Everything is ready for your students right in the form!
2. Students encounter maps, boarding passes, newspaper articles, full color photos with the text, multiple ciphers to decode, and more.
3. This digital escape room can be used with computers, chrome books, OR iPads.
4. A detailed answer key is included with each breakout, along with tips of how I use digital breakouts in my classroom and optional hints if you choose to give them.
5. You can share the escape room link via Google Classroom, SeeSaw or other class communication app, OR there is a QR code provided for your students to access it on their devices. All you need is the internet and one device per pair or group. You DO NOT need Google logins but make sure Google Forms are not blocked in your district!
This is not an editable form. Unlike other quizzes or surveys your students may have taken in Google Forms, students MUST get the answer correct before advancing to the next question and section. All results are the same because of the answer validation function in the escape room! Students do NOT need a Google account and student names are not collected. If students “breakout” or “escape”, they not only finished each section but got every answer correct because students CANNOT advance to the next section without the exact answer.
If you already have one of these breakouts, the bundle still includes great savings with the total discount! Pay close attention to the products included in the bundle. No refunds will be given for repeat purchases.
Please make sure your district does not have Google Forms blocked. This is your responsibility to check before purchasing. No Google logins are needed, but you will need access to Google Forms through the provided link in each breakout. Thanks for understanding!
Here are a few tips for using it in distance learning:
Depending on your grade and student abilities, I recommend:
1. Emailing parents the answer key to help if their child gets stuck since you aren't there in person to provide hints if needed. This would help avoid any frustrations since they aren't able to collaborate as a group as it's designed.
2. Encourage students to do the activity when you have live 'office hours' or a live Google Meet to answer questions in Google Classroom or your classroom share tool. Remember this is a fun breakout activity, and not an assignment you would take a grade for so this should relieve any pressure on families!! Please make sure this is clear.
3. Some of you have told me that you've done this as a class together in a Zoom or Google Meet. I love hearing this! Many of you have utilized breakout groups for this so students can still work together and it has been successful!
4. If you want to know they participated, on the last page some of the breakouts tell them to discuss 3 things they learned so you could have them discuss as a family or group and send you 3 things they learned when they finish and/or have them take a screenshot of the breakout page since you aren't there in person to have them show you their screen like you would in the classroom.
Please email me if you have any questions at all firstname.lastname@example.org
Like what you see? Follow me on TPT to be the first to know when new digital resources are posted.