This is a set of 4 super fun phonics games with a winter theme. One game covers the skill of CVC short vowel words. One game covers the skill of long vowel with sneaky e words. One game covers the digraphs th, ch, and sh. And the last game is a mix of digraphs and diphthongs such as: ai, ay, oi, oy, igh, ow, ou, and others.
The same directions cover all four games, so once you teach students to play one game, they should be able to play the other games without further assistance from the teacher.
Because there are four different games, this would be a great differentiation piece to include in your flexible groups or literacy centers.
1. Print on cardstock or paper, cut out, and laminate.
2. Mix up the cards. Place all cards face down in a stack.
3. Students will pull one card at a time. If they read the word correctly, they get to keep their card. If they do not read the word correctly, they must put the card at the bottom of the stack.
4. If a student pulls the BRRR card, they must shiver all over, say, “BRRR!” and put all of their cards back in the stack.
5. Students will keep playing until the teacher says time is up. Whoever has the most cards, wins!
I hope you and your students enjoy playing as much as mine!
Graphics by: PrettyGrafik.com