Being a bucket filler is fun and easy. The concept helps improve student wellbeing and relationships by nurturing positive character traits like kindness and respect. Used as a classroom management tool to curb bullying and anti-social behavior, bucket filling enhances emotional intelligence and social-emotional skills.
This resource works best with either Have You Filled a Bucket Today? By Carol McCloud or How Full is Your Bucket for Kids by Tom Rath.
The metaphor of a bucket and dipper explains how every interaction and everything we say or do in a day either fills or empties our and others' emotional buckets. Happy people and positive interactions make us feel good which fills our bucket while grumpy people and negative interactions dip from our bucket making us feel bad.
Bucket fillers are people who are happy, say please, and thank you, compliment others, help out without being asked, try hard in class, are respectful, include people and participate in acts of kindness. They are nice to be around because they make people feel good and that results in a full bucket for everyone involved.
People with full buckets are happier and feel more confident, positive, and secure. They are usually calmer, more patient, helpful, and friendly, and when their bucket is overflowing their happiness can spill out to infect everyone around them.
Bucket filling activities are a fun way to help increase social, emotional, and mental well-being and improve the culture by spreading a positive and content feeling throughout your school.
These growth mindset posters will fill your back to school bulletin board with color! The kindness posters with inspirational quotes will enhance your friendship activities by nurturing positive character traits that enhance relationships.
Include them in your classroom management toolbox and use with social-emotional learning and kindness activities to increase emotional intelligence and student wellbeing.
Used as discussion topics, these positive messages provide opportunities to address:
- Social skills
- Positive character traits
- Emotional regulation
- Classroom management
- Friendship, bullying, and anti-social behavior
- Sharing feelings and emotions
Each poster is provided in full color and without a background color to save ink when printing.
Click here to follow my store and be notified when new products and freebies are added.
If you'd like a resource that includes other kindness activities, please check out Kindness & Bucket Filling which is an expansion of this resource.
- A printable pdf
- Explanation and instructions for introducing bucket filling
- 8 lessons for beginning students through to grade 3
- 2 poster
- 3 printable resources
- 5 BONUS coloring pages
- 2 BONUS inspirational quotes posters for teachers
* You will need Acrobat 7.0 or later - please contact me if you have an earlier version.
This resource is also available in A4 Format for Australian and UK schools.
★ These resources are part of our whole school, evidence-based SEL curriculum promoting kindness and mindfulness. Please check it out on our website.
- Enemy Pie Book Resources – Friendship Lesson | Reading Comprehension | Writing
- Gratitude Coloring Pages
- Gratitude Lesson Plans, Activities and Printables Bundle - 3 resources in one
- Kindness and Bucket Filling - SEL resources to improve wellbeing and reduce bullying
- Bucket Filling - without the extra kindness lessons
- Managing Anger and Anxiety - a terrific SEL resource with strategies for students to learn to regulate their emotions
- Kindness Display Posters - for promoting positive feelings and actions in the classroom
- Mindfulness Lesson Plans and Printables - an effective social-emotional resource
If you have any questions or ideas for other products you'd like to see in our store, we’d love to hear from you!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more about what we do at www.ripplekindness.org.
Have a great day! ☺
★ Did you know you can save money on TpT resources by leaving feedback?
You can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing products you buy.
If you like this one, please leave a review on the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account”.
Your feedback is of great importance to us as it helps in determining which products are most valuable to you and your students.
If you're interested in more resources, tips, and inspiration please follow Ripple on:
© Ripple Kindness Project
Materials are intended for personal use in one classroom only. For use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses.