PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
3.44 MB | 234 pages
Click on the PREVIEW above to see more detailed samples of this item.
Fluency is not about speed-reading, but about smooth, expressive reading that has an interesting conversational tone. These slides are intended to help children strengthen fluency and eliminate robotic, monotone styles.
This download addresses four parts of fluency development:
• Reading words in short phrases to decrease word-by-word reading.
• Practicing how different punctuation marks impact intonation.
• Hearing the difference between words that are and are not underlined for emphasis.
• Understanding how a character's feelings affect expression.
There are 9 different sets included in this item:
• 2 Sets of 2-Word Phrases
• 2 Sets of 3-Word Phrases
• 1 Set of 4-Word Phrases
• 2 Sets of Punctuation Practice
• 1 Set for Practicing Underlined Words in Sentences
• 1 Set for Practicing Expression Connected to Feelings
NOTE ABOUT DIRECTIONS:
This product is a slide show. Extensive directions have not been included in the item because the slides are intended for children, however this is very easy to use. Section headers separate each set so you know which skill you are practicing. The teacher or the students can advance the slides, so it can be used in whole-group lessons, during small group instruction, or in literacy centers for additional practice. Each set has "action words" randomly placed throughout the set. Children stay engaged as they wait for each action word to come up during the slide show. They simply act out the word on the action slide.
• BUMP! (jump up)
Thank you for your interest in this item.
Happy teaching! :)
Additional Resources to Support the Teaching of Reading: