This bundle includes interactive books and activities for 5 core vocabulary phrases. The 5 phrases targeted in this bundle are:
- TAKE OUT
- PUT IN
- GET OUT
- GET IN
- LOOK AT
Included in this bundle are:
- 10 Interactive Books
- 30 Interactive WH Question Pages
- 5 Sets of Fringe Vocabulary Cards
- SO MANY TEACHING IDEAS!!!
Contents for EACH phrase include:
- Ideas for embedding and explicitly teaching the core vocabulary phrase in the following areas: fine motor, gross motor, board games, sensory, crafts, cooking, functional skills, and pretend play.
- Interactive Phrase Books- 2 levels for each phrase: These Interactive Core Vocabulary Phrase Books assist in keeping students engaged and on-task. The first level is geared toward students at the 1-3 word utterance level, while the second book is for students working at a 4+ word utterance level. Students participate throughout the book activity by identifying the correct picture and attaching it to the page. A student can then use his/her preferred mode of communication to express the information on each page. Activities and fringe vocabulary items represented in each book were chosen because of familiarity and relevance in everyday life.
- Interactive WH Question Activities- 2 levels for each phrase: Activities are included for 'who', 'what', and 'where' questions. For the first level, the answer is pictured in the answer box (matching activity/extra visual cue). For the second level, the answer is not pictured in the answer box.
- Fringe Vocabulary Cards- Vocabulary cards are included for fringe vocabulary items targeted in the books and comprehension activities. Vocabulary cards can be used for a variety of activities including Memory, Go Fish, and I Spy. Another idea is to partially hide the vocabulary cards in a sensory bin and allow students to pull them out and match/label them.