This series of worksheets are designed for a wide range of ages and to be repetitive and interactive for your children so that they can learn how to write the name of Australian coins in numbers and symbols (e.g. 5c), in numbers and words (e.g. 5 cents) and in words only (e.g. five cents).
This series of worksheets children are to do the following:
1) Trace the numbers, symbols and words,
2) Write the numbers, symbols and words,
3) Colour the numbers, symbols and words,
4) Circle the correct numbers, symbols and words and
5) Cut and paste the letter to make the numbers, symbols and words.
6) Colour in the coins,
7) Learn a little bit about what is on the coins as well as the introduction of them into Australia,
8) Identify and match the values of the coins’ black and white outlines of the back of the coins, the sculpted images of the coins, the numbers and symbols, numbers and words and the words.
These worksheets have a page dedicated to each of the following:
5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, $1 and $2.
Each worksheet also includes an image of the coin they are learning the value of so they can learn to associate the picture with the numbers, symbols and words and are designed for young children to gain a basic familiarity that these all equal the same value.
Also in this series there are summary coin worksheets that can be used with the other worksheets as an pre-assessment tool or a final test after teaching the children about the coin's images, numbers, symbols and words. They can be, and should be used in conjunction with the other worksheets in my Australian Money series.
The summary pages are to be used to check to see if your children can identify and match all the coins with their corresponding numbers, symbols and/or words.
In these worksheets children are to do the following:
1) Match each coins’ image with the words.
2) Match each coins’ image with the numbers and words.
3) Match each coins’ image with the numbers and symbols.
4) Trace the numbers, symbols and words for all of the coins.
5) Cut out the boxes of each coins’ images, numbers, symbols and words.
6) Glue each coins’ images, numbers, symbols and words into the correct boxes.
Please check out the rest of my worksheets in the Australian Money Series and other worksheets.
If you like this item, please take the time to rate it.
I am homeschooling Mum of four children so what I put on is whatever I couldn't easily find myself and have made for my kids and the other kids I help homeschool. So as I am relatively new to uploading and if you would like to know when I upload new items, become a follower.
Thanks for your interest and support!