showing 1-5 of 6 products
This is a GROWING BUNDLE! SAVE 20% Celebrate Blàck History month with a lesson focused on Audra McDonald, Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, Billy Porter, Cynthia Erivo and Camille A. Brown--Broadway Tony award nominees and winners. The students research questions about their lives, journey to Broadway, various accolades and study their growth mindset. Finally, using a One Pager assignment, the student designs the lives of the artists. #DistanceLearningTPT
Note: Although Ms. Erivo is originally from England, Black history month is unofficially celebrated there as well.
Many teachers combine these biographies with others of mine on actors Lin Manuel Miranda and actress Meryl Streep, Hugh Jackman or designer Ming Cho Lee. (These are longer lessons.) Or they tie it to my lesson concerning the Tony Awards at: Tony Awards Lesson
If your students need to do a research project, the Places Please lessons are good ones to introduce the unit. Perhaps more students would pursue a career in the theater arts if we show them what is possible for them?
These bios. are a great spring board for discussion concerning goals, tenacity, determination and professionalism.
There is more to theater than just improvisation, plays and games. This is an example of what I mean.
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Each product includes:
- Letter to teacher explaining the lesson (lesson is about 60 minutes in length)
- Student note sheet
- Teacher's key
- One-pager template for assignment
- One pager example of assignment
- Enrichment activities
- Sources including three links to videos of Davis' performances
Created by award winning veteran drama teacher of 38 years, Places Please is a must for your files.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope that you will: FOLLOW ME
Check out my other TPT products at:
Here's what reviewers have say about other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is a great very well written resource and very good for text comprehension! Thank you!"
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
"Love this unit! What a great way for students to learn about set design!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.