Products in this Bundle (15)
showing 1-5 of 15 products
20% OFF! This GROWING BUNDLE contains THIRTEEN different lessons (417 pages) -- one the origin of the Tony Awards and twelve concerning popular award-winning Broadway musicals. Students will come away with exceptional, broad knowledge and a new appreciation of the awards and the origin of these Broadway musicals. These are great for the busy teacher.
In addition, a teacher could assign one of the lessons to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
I've put it all together for you! Or combine one of these lessons with a Famous Artist Biographies for a really cool week of lessons.
Plus, this is a growing bundle which means if you buy it now, you will receive future lessons for free! As a thank you, I'm giving you my Meryl Streep Biography lesson, too! This is one heck of a deal.
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
HOW DO I USE THESE IN MY CLASSROOM?
Students could study each one (Musicals Fridays, for example) over the course of the school year or select one and present their learning through the activities provided.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will. Follow Me
A teacher can use several lessons in a week or use them individually.
The Tony Awards Lesson Includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm-Up Game - MY version of a popular game of Zip, Zap Zop
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it
- Student Notes
- Teacher's Key to Student Notes
- Extension Activity--continued learning within the game! (You will need to email me for access to the Kahoot game, however.)*
- Exit Slip Suggestion
- Film clip links
- And more!
*Kahoot is a game-based learning classroom response system that can be used to assess students' knowledge in a fun, interactive way. All you need is Internet access (wi-fi if using smart devices) and a computer/laptop/iPad/tablet/smart device per teacher and student/group.
Each Broadway Musical Lesson Includes:
- Letter to Teacher
- Warm Up--MY Version of a Popular Physical Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--What I say and How I say it!
- Photos From the Broadway Production
- Plot of the Musical
- History about the Origination of the Production
- Information concerning the Composers, Playwright, Director & Lyricists
- Tony Awards it Received (or Nominations)
- What are the Tony Awards?
- New York City Map with Competing Theatres Labeled
- Student Note Page
- Teacher Note Page Key
- Trivia About the Shows and Broadway
- Quotes from the Musical--Good for Discussions and Assignments
- Extension Activities--Terrific Suggestions of Ways to Secure the Learning and Enrich the Experience (Each a Little Different Depending Upon the Musical's Themes)
- Sources & Hot Links to Clips from the Show, Cast Interviews, etc.
- And More!
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would!FOLLOW ME
Check out my other products at: Dramamommaspeaks
Reviews of other Dramamommaspeaks products:
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"The thing that sets this resource apart from others for me is the sheer amount of research that has clearly been undertaken to collate this phenomenal resource. Thank you so much!"
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for