Products in this Bundle (2)
20% OFF! This bundle (86 pages, 3 weeks) of resources are focused on Mark Twain's novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer dramatized as a play by Tim Kelley. This bundle teaches not only set design and the plot of Tom Sawyer, but gives the perspective of a theatrical piece. A word wall is included too!
A teacher could use these with students who are distance learning by making just a few tweaks. #DistanceLearningTpT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
The study guide product includes:
- A Letter to the Teacher
- Short Bio. on Mark Twain
- Information about the novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- Warm Up
- Teacher's Script--What I say and How I say it!
- Discussion Questions from a Theatrical Perspective
- Discussion Questions for a Class Read-Aloud
- Theater Vocabulary Words--34 In Total
- Theater Words Definitions
- Source Page
NOTE: You will need to order a class set of the play from Dramatic Publishing Company at: https://www.dramaticpublishing.com/tom-sawyer-tr5000.
The set design unit includes:
- An overview of the unit for the teacher
- Rationale for teaching set design
- History of set design
- Set designer's responsibilities
- Teacher's Script--what I say and how I say it!
- Extensive warm up
- Procedures for each day (8 to 10) including exit prompts
- Lecture notes including links
- Information about the message color conveys
- Rendering examples
- Stage curtain sheets for rendering--one vertical, one horizontal
- Step by step directions for model building including photo examples
- Cheat sheet for various set pieces
- Assignment sheet for each step of the design process
- Assignment and Grade sheets EDITABLE in a separate file
- Source Page
Comprehensive? You bet. This was a very popular bundle of mine when I taught. I never grew tired of teaching it or introducing to my students the basic plot of Tom Sawyer.
HOW DO I USE THIS PRODUCT IN MY CLASSROOM? First, read the script aloud with your class and either use all the questions in the study guide or a few. Then study set design through designing for the play. These units will last about three weeks for you.
Check out other products of mine at: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"This is such an original and creative drama unit. It is extremely thorough and has everything I need. I think you covered all the bases. Excellent resource, I highly recommend.
Costume Design with Fairy Tale Characters
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.