Products in this Bundle (4)
This bundle includes all the versions of the English Placement Tests included in our store. They are all ready-to-use multiple-choice English Level Tests. They help educators check their students' approximate language levels. Although most English classes tend to be mixed-ability, adapting resources for mixed-ability classes depends on how well you know each student’s level. This can be achieved by administering an English Level Test.
You can watch the preview videos I have created for this resource on up2dateSKILLS YouTube channel so that you understand exactly what it has to offer. In the preview videos, you get to see how the scoring process works.
LINKS TO THE PREVIEW VIDEOS
(1) English Level Test - printable Word & PDF - Version A - with some insight on the scoring process
(2) English Level Test - printable Word & PDF - Version B - with some insight on the scoring process
In our blog, you will find some amazing tips on how to conduct the test and how to engage students in the scoring process: How to use up2dateSKILLS English Level Test.
❤️ Rating is highly appreciated!
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW TO GET MORE INFO ON THE PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE:
ENGLISH Placement Test - Versions A and B
- Version A - Ready to print Word + normal PDF
- Version A - Digital Activity – fillable PDF
- Version B - Ready to print Word + normal PDF
- Version B - Digital Activity - fillable PDF
The sentences in Placement Test B have been slightly changed and the answers shuffled so that you can use both versions in the same class. Both versions have 50 questions, with one point available for each correct answer. Levels are then determined by the number of points your students score. The test includes questions related to grammar and it will help you determine which level will best suit your class. Depending on the group, I give students 20 to 30 minutes to complete the test. Some of them will complete the test in less time and some might not be able to complete all the questions, so it's important to let them know that it's ok. It's all part of the assessment. If they need more than 30 minutes, they are probably struggling a bit.
To get detailed information about this activity and how to use it in class, read our blog post on Assessing and teaching English to mixed ability students from day 1.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- English Grammar - Simple Present
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety at work
- English Grammar - Phrasal verbs CONSIST IN and CONSIST OF
- Back-to-school speaking activities
- English Grammar - Past Simple Game - Who wants to be a millionaire
- Common Mistakes in English – game for ESL/EFL learners – Who wants to be a millionaire
- Vocabulary Practice: English Fruit
- Vocabulary Practice: Classroom objects
- English for sales - How to build a cold calling script
- English for sales - Words and Phrases for a Salesperson
- Imagine - John Lennon (songs for the classroom)
To get updates, follow up2dateSKILLS TpT store!
Follow up2dateSKILLS on:
Copyright © up2dateSKILLS
This resource is licensed for Individual Use. This means that purchasing a digital resource grants permission for use by one user, one teacher in his or her own classroom, one homeschool parent with his/her children, or one student. Such resources cannot be shared, given away, distributed, or sold. Copying for more than one user is prohibited. Additional licenses must be purchased at up2dateSKILLS online store. The type of license will be clearly stated in the product description.
Failure to comply with these guidelines is a copyright infringement and a violation of the EU copyright legislation and of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Keywords: Printable ESL Resources, Printable EFL Resources, Printable English Resources, Homeschool, English resources for students, English resources for teachers, English resources for home learning, Remote English teaching, Teaching remotely, Ideas for the first lesson, Icebreaker, Back-to-school activity, Mixed-ability classes, Digital activity, Fillable PDF, ESL Downloadables, ESL Printables, EFL test, ESL test, English placement test, English level test, Multiple-choice grammar test, Back-to-school English test, ESL level test, EFL level test.