I want to introduce the Common Core Aligned Mathematics 22-week-long Homework for Kindergarten for both teachers and parents. In each sheet there is 5-day homework from Monday to Friday that reinforce the CSS Math for CSS.
The advantages of using this material:
1. You don't have to come up with homework yourself.
2. Children and parents know they have homework ahead of time so they can plan ahead to make time for it.
3. This material has certain repetitive questions with different contents. Children and parents know what to expect in the homework. Also, practice makes perfect.
4. There are coloring and drawing activities included so you don't have to worry that children are bored with Math.
5. You don't need to print homework for your students everyday anymore.
6. The predictable and repetitive activities enhance children's understanding and fluency in Math.
- Tell parents there are math homework so they are not surprised.
- Start giving homework after 2-3 weeks in school.
- Make sure children do their homework, not the parents. Parents can only help after children have done the works themselves.
- You can use the Friday homework as assessment since it is similar to the works students have done but the content changes a bit.
- Use this material to make sure your children meet Common Core Math Standards for Kindergarten.
- Let your children do the work before helping them.
- If you are homeschooling your kids, use the Friday homework as assessment since it is similar to the works students have done but the content changes a bit.
This material supports the following standards:
Credit: Credit to Scrappin Doodles