Purchase this BUNDLE and SAVE 20%
off each product!
This purchase includes everything you will need to teach a 13 day Unit: "Founding of the Nation" for secondary U.S. History
This purchase includes:
***follow each link for a detailed description of each product***
1) 13-day DAILY UNIT plan
2) Unit - “Pictures in Preview” PowerPoint
3) 2-page Unit Introduction Handout (standards, essential questions and vocabulary terms, extra credit films)
4) Extra Credit Film Questions handout
5) Causes of the American Revolution EKG Timeline Activity
6) Founding of the Nation PowerPoint Lecture
7) Weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation Activity
8)Debates and Compromises of the Constitution Activity
9) Federalist v Anti-Federalist Group Project
10)The Constitution Lecture
11)Marbury and Madison PowerPoint Lecture
12)McCulloch v Maryland Lecture
13)First Amendment Freedom of Religion
14)UNIT TEST Founding of the Nation
All products include all necessary power points, worksheets, handouts, links to film clips, lesson plans, etc.
This unit is based on California Standards:
Standard 11.1 Students analyze the significant events in the founding of the nation and its attempts to realize the philosophy of government described in the Declaration of Independence.
1. Describe the Enlightenment and the rise of democratic ideas as the context in which the nation was founded.
2. Analyze the ideological origins of the American Revolution, the Founding Fathers' philosophy of divinely bestowed unalienable natural rights, the debates on the drafting and ratification of the Constitution, and the addition of the Bill of Rights.
3. Understand the history of the Constitution after 1787 with emphasis on federal versus state authority and growing democratization.
4. Examine the effects of the Civil War and Reconstruction and of the industrial revolution, including demographic shifts and the emergence in the late nineteenth century of the United States as a world power.
Standard 11.3 Students analyze the role religion played in the founding of America, its lasting moral, social, and political impacts, and issues regarding religious liberty.
1. Describe the contributions of various religious groups to American civic principles and social reform movements (e.g., civil and human rights, individual responsibility and the work ethic, antimonarchy and self-rule, worker protection, family-centered communities).
2. Analyze the great religious revivals and the leaders involved in them, including the First Great Awakening, the Second Great Awakening, the Civil War revivals, the Social Gospel Movement, the rise of Christian liberal theology in the nineteenth century, the impact of the Second Vatican Council, and the rise of Christian fundamentalism in current times.
3. Cite incidences of religious intolerance in the United States (e.g., persecution of Mormons, anti-Catholic sentiment, anti-Semitism).
4. Discuss the expanding religious pluralism in the United States and California that resulted from large-scale immigration in the twentieth century. 5. Describe the principles of religious liberty found in the Establishment and Free Exercise clauses of the First Amendment, including the debate on the issue of separation of church and state.
Please download the PREVIEW!
Follow My Store!
To follow my store simply click on “follow me” under Chalk Dust Diva on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post new products and have sales.
Pay with a Purchase Order!
At checkout, click edit if you need more than one product. You can purchase additional classroom licenses at a reduced cost. Then, click on checkout. At the top, click on the Purchase Order tab. Follow instructions for the P.O. TpT will save your order and when the P.O. is received, your downloads will be available for you on the website. You will receive an email that will let you know when payment has been received.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits
Don’t forget to leave feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback also earns you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive feedback!