Products in this Bundle (4)
Mix and match 60+ graphic organizers and 80+ task cards with any fiction or nonfiction text. Each complex Common Core Reading Standard is broken down into easy-to-understand student tasks. Each student task is now a graphic organizer or task card. Take out the guess work and meet reading standards every time. Challenge students by requiring close reading.
The graphic organizers and task cards are:
* organized by standards
* require close reading/re-reading
The task cards also have a unique feature: Each card has a graphic organizer or some way for students to record their answers in their notebooks.
I always struggle with writing challenging and thought-provoking reading and discussion questions. With these graphic organizers and task cards, it’s easy to mix and match them according to the text at hand… and to make every question standards-based and rigorous.
The collection of tasks for LITERATURE include such skills as:
* Discovering the theme
* Exploring the author's use of language (denotation, connotation, figurative language, sound devices, symbols, allusions, and more)
* Exploring connections between story elements, such as plot-character, setting-theme, and character-conflict
* Examining point of view and purpose
* Comparing a text with an artistic version of it
... and much more.
The collection of tasks for INFORMATIONAL TEXT include such skills as:
* Backing claims about the text using direct & inferential evidence
* Discovering the central idea
* Examining the text structure of an entire text and a specific paragraph
* Analyzing arguments
... and much more.
BEFORE PURCHASING MULTIPLE GRADE LEVELS, PLEASE NOTE: The bundle of graphic organizers and task cards for each grade build on those from previous grades. As a general rule, if you teach multiple grades, the bundle for the higher grade level should be sufficient. Please purchase bundles for multiple grade levels at your discretion.
What Teachers Are Saying (Task Cards):
* “I love that these have little graphic organizers that can guide the students in their thinking and gathering evidence. Evidence is really important to the CCSS. I'm excited to use this during my "Fast Finishers" board and ideas for lessons too.” – Kathryn L.
* “Awesome resource. Very helpful to make deeper connections with the text.” – Minding the Middle
* “Started using this resource the very next day, and I love it.” – Chris. L
What Teachers Are Saying (Graphic Organizers):
* “I love all the graphic organizers for each standard. You have broken down each standard with what the standard is asking the students to do and then you supply an organizer for each one. This is an awesome resource.”
* “Great resource, my kids love working with these!” – Hayley E.
* “A good range of graphic tools to help students comprehend their reading.” – Chris K.