Get students excited to learn about heat with these great activities! This bundle includes vocabulary work, an experiment on heat and color, journal entries, and a culminating STEAM activity that requires students to draw on their knowledge of heat.
Let's stay connected! Click to ((( FOLLOW MY STORE )))
Included in this Product:
- ·Heat Vocabulary (activities and vocabulary quiz)
- ·Heat and Color Experiment and Journal Entry
- Journal Entry – Analyze Color and Design
- Journal Entry – Interpret Temperature Data **only available in the bundle
- STEAM Design Challenge: Designing a Uniform for the Weather (2 task variations included)
- Addresses Georgia Science Standard S3P1: Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information about the ways heat energy is transferred and measured
- a. Ask questions to identify sources of heat energy
- b. Plan and carry out an investigation to gather data using thermometers to produce tables and charts that illustrate the effect of sunlight on various objects.
- Use tools and every day materials to design and construct a device/structure that will increase/decrease the warming effects of sunlight on various materials.
Keywords: Heat, Energy, Vocabulary, STEAM, STEM, Journal, Writing, Experiment, Hands On,
Only want part? Here are the individual activities:
Heat and Color Experiment
Heat STEAM Challenge