In this bundle, you will receive:
-High 5 Sight words, including these 40 sight words:
-High 5 Letters/Sounds, including all letters of the alphabet, plus these additional sounds:
-Letter/Sounds Images Clip art (labeled) for all letters of the alphabet, plus all of the sounds listed above.
These “High 5 Hands” are a fun, engaging tool to use while helping your students learn their sight words, letters, and sounds. My students love them!
• Copy the hands onto colored paper (I do groups of 5 and 6 on each color). Cut them out, and sort by color
• Introduce the words or letters/sounds to your students, one color at a time (whichever order you prefer)
• Put them up in your classroom in a desired area (ie: on your classroom door).
• Have your students high 5 the hands daily. They must say the word or letters and/or sounds out loud when they high 5 them. You can do this however you wish (example: they can high 5 them every morning when they enter the classroom, and everyday before they leave for home; if they finish their work early, they can high 5; they can do it each time they enter and leave the room, etc. It’s up to you!)
• Once they have mastered one color, add another into the mix (don’t remove previous color, as they should still be practicing them, and it allows for confidence building.)
I have also sent these home to parents, and they have found them an easy and useful way to practice with their children.
This is a Microsoft Word Document, so it can be edited to your liking.
I have glued the sound images on the letter hands, underneath the sounds to serve as reminders for the children.