Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
$$$$$ SAVE UP TO 30% BY PURCHASING THIS MEGA BUNDLE $$$$$
Available Formats: Microsoft Word, Google Doc, PDF are all included with this item.
Item Description: These were enrichment activities that I created for my American / U.S. History class that can be done in or out of the classroom. Students need access to the internet and YouTube to complete these activities.
This Bundle Include the following Activities for Music Analysis by Decades:
+ 1920s & 1930s - "Roaring Twenties & Great Depression"
- "It Don't Mean a Thing" - Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington
- "Dream a Little Dream of Me" - Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
- "Cheer Up! Smile! Nertz!" - Eddie Cantor
- "Brother Can You Spare a Dime" - Bing Crosby
+ 1950s - "Roots of Rock and Roll"
- "Johnny B. Goode" - Chuck Berry
- "Jailhouse Rock" - Elvis Presley
- "Rock Around the Clock" - Bill Haley and the Comets
- "Walk the Line" - Johnny Cash
- "La Bamba" - Ritchie Valens
- "Tutti Frutti" - Little Richard
- Great follow up YouTube clip: Top 10 Decade Defining Songs: 1950s
+ 1960s - "Rock and the British Invasion" ---> (Included an extra song - students still only have room on the chart for 6 songs)
- "Respect" - Aretha Franklin
- "Like a Rolling Stone" - Bob Dylan
- "My Generation" - The Who
- "Good Vibrations" - The Beach Boys
- "Satisfaction" - The Rolling Stones
- "All Along the Watchtower" - Jimi Hendrix
- "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" - The Beatles
- Great follow up YouTube clip: Top 10 Decade Defining Songs: 1960
+ 1970s - "Era of Disco and Evolution"
- "Dancing Queen" - ABBA
- "Stairway to Heaven" - Led Zeppelin
- "Superstition" - Stevie Wonder
- "Imagine" - John Lennon
- "Bohemian Rhapsody" - Queen
- "Stayin Alive" - Bee Gees
- "I Will Survive" - Gloria Gaynor
- Great follow up YouTube clip: Top 10 Decade Defining Songs: 1970s
+ 1980s - "A Little Rock, But a lot of Pop"
- "Born in the U.S.A." - Bruce Springsteen
- "Like a Prayer" - Madonna
- "Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor
- "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" - Whitney Houston
- "Livin' on a Prayer" - Bon Jovi
- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - Cyndi Lauper
- "Beat It" - Michael Jackson
- Great follow up YouTube clip: Top 10 Decade Defining Songs: 1980s
+ 1990s - "Alternative Music Becomes Popular"---> (Included an 4 extra songs - students still only have room on the chart for 6 songs)
- "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana
- "Jeremy" - Pearl Jam"
- "Loser" - Beck
- "Wonderwall" - Oasis
- "Enter Sandman" - Metallica
- "One Sweet Day" - Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men
- "I'll Be Missing You" - Puff Daddy and Faith Evans
- "Baby One More Time" - Britney Spears
- "Ice, Ice, Baby" - Vanilla Ice
- "California Love" - 2Pac featuring Dr. Dre
- Great follow up YouTube clip: Top 10 Decade Defining Songs: 1990s
Please Check Out My Individual Music Analysis Activities:
✭✭✭✭LEAVE FEEDBACK & EARN TPT CREDITS✭✭✭✭
Are you taking advantage of FREE TpT money? ---> According to TpT, "You get one TpT Credit for every $ you spend on TpT. Thing is, you only get the Credits after you Provide Feedback — both a fair rating and a fair comment — on the items that you purchase. We will round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases, but there is no need to wait until you have 100 to redeem them. 50 credits is worth $2.50, for example."
How do you redeem these credits? ---> "When you check out, you will be given the option of applying your TpT Credits to your purchase, thereby discounting your purchase price accordingly."