BUNDLE - Performance Tasks – Argument Reading & Writing – Viral Video - ELA
Now you can get more options and save money with this collection of all editions of Viral Video!
This set includes the Viral Video Performance Task in 13 different music artists’ editions. If you were to purchase each of these Performance Tasks individually, it would cost $24. At only $7, this bundle saves you about 87% off retail price!
In Viral Video Performance Task, students use their favorite music artist to practice argument reading and writing. As marketing managers for the artist, they have to argue for the artist to get a better deal on their YouTube advertising revenue. They read other argument texts and analyze information and stats around YouTube. They then meet with YouTube to negotiate the share of revenue, before writing their final formal proposal. The task ends with the opportunity to develop argument writing in several ways.
This Viral Video Performance Task set includes:
* Katy Perry
* Justin Bieber
* Selena Gomez
* One Direction
* Taylor Swift
* Lady Gaga
* Pharrell Williams
* Justin Timberlake
* Bruno Mars
* Blake Shelton
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core and skills alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation through reading. Students start by annotating and analyzing a text that carefully models the text type.
* Level 2 Activity – Starting to write. Students use what they have learned so far to complete a short piece of writing or plan their writing.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the collaboration! Fun and engaging speaking and listening activities through authentic simulations lead students toward their final piece of extended writing.
* Finale Activities – Finish up. Each performance task ends with five options for extended writing of the same text type within a real-world context.
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key and rubric for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
This set also comes with student versions, which include everything but the teacher guide and answer key.
Click here to find the single-edition version of this set!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!