BUNDLE - Performance Tasks – Argument Reading & Writing – Smash Hit or Huge Flop - ELA
Now you can get more options and save money with this collection of all editions of Smash Hit or Huge Flop!
This set includes the Smash Hit or Huge Flop Performance Task in 6 different book editions. If you were to purchase each of these Performance Tasks individually, it would cost $24. At only $7, this bundle saves you about 71% off retail price!
In Smash Hit or Huge Flop Performance Task, students use information on their favorite book to movie adaptation to practice argument reading and writing in a real world context. As public relations executives, they have to report to the movie studio on whether the movie adaptation lived up to the popularity of the book. They read argument texts and look at information on the book and movie, before writing their claims. They then present to the studio directors and write their final reports.
This Smash Hit or Huge Flop Performance Task set includes:
* The Giver
* Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
* The Fault In Our Stars
* The Hunger Games
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core and skills alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation through reading. Students start by annotating and analyzing a text that carefully models the text type.
* Level 2 Activity – Starting to write. Students use what they have learned so far to complete a short piece of writing or plan their writing.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the collaboration! Fun and engaging speaking and listening activities through authentic simulations lead students toward their final piece of extended writing.
* Finale Activities – Finish up. Each performance task ends with five options for extended writing of the same text type within a real-world context.
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key and rubric for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
This set also comes with student versions, which include everything but the teacher guide and answer key.
Click here to find the single-edition version of this set!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!