BUNDLE - Performance Tasks - Informative Reading & Writing - Game On - ELA
Now you can get more options and save money with this collection of all editions of Game On - ELA!
This set includes the Game On - ELA Performance Task in 5 different country editions. If you were to purchase each of these Performance Tasks individually, it would cost $20. At only $7, this bundle saves you about 65% off retail price!
In the Game On - ELA Performance Task, students use their favorite Olympic nation to practice informative reading and writing. As journalists for Scholastic News, they have to write an article about an up and coming young athlete from the country. They read other informative texts around young athletes and Olympic sports and research their young athlete. They then interview the athlete, before writing their final article. The task ends with the opportunity to develop informative writing in several ways. This performance task has editions for 5 different nations including USA, Brazil, and Mexico.
This Game On - ELA Performance Task set includes:
* United States
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core and skills alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation through reading. Students start by annotating and analyzing a text that carefully models the text type.
* Level 2 Activity – Starting to write. Students use what they have learned so far to complete a short piece of writing or plan their writing.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the collaboration! Fun and engaging speaking and listening activities through authentic simulations lead students toward their final piece of extended writing.
* Finale Activities – Finish up. Each performance task ends with five options for extended writing of the same text type within a real-world context.
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key and rubric for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
This set also comes with student versions, which include everything but the teacher guide and answer key.
Click here to find the single-edition version of this set!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!