BUNDLE - Performance Tasks - Opinion Reading & Writing - Save the Game - ELA
Now you can get more options and save money with this collection of all editions of Save the Game - ELA!
This set includes the Save the Game - ELA Performance Task in 12 different game editions. If you were to purchase each of these Performance Tasks individually, it would cost $48. At only $7, this bundle saves you about 85% off retail price!
In the Save the Game - ELA Performance Task, students use their favorite video game to practice opinion reading and writing. As members of the game's advertising department, they have to come up with an opinion article about playing the game for the company's social media page. They read other opinion texts on games and formulate their own opinion and reasons. They then conduct a meeting with a parents focus group, before writing their final opinion article. The task ends with the opportunity to develop opinion writing in several ways.
This Save the Game - ELA Performance Task set includes:
* Donkey Kong
* Super Mario Bros.
* Sonic the Hedgehog
* Mega Man
* Final Fantasy
* The Legend of Zelda
* Assassin's Creed
* Call of Duty
* Street Fighter
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core and skills alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation through reading. Students start by annotating and analyzing a text that carefully models the text type.
* Level 2 Activity – Starting to write. Students use what they have learned so far to complete a short piece of writing or plan their writing.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the collaboration! Fun and engaging speaking and listening activities through authentic simulations lead students toward their final piece of extended writing.
* Finale Activities – Finish up. Each performance task ends with five options for extended writing of the same text type within a real-world context.
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key and rubric for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
This set also comes with student versions, which include everything but the teacher guide and answer key.
Click here to find the single-edition version of this set!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!