BUNDLE - Performance Tasks - Opinion Reading & Writing – Who’s Watching? - ELA
Now you can get more options and save money with this collection of all editions of Who’s Watching?!
This set includes the Who’s Watching? Performance Task in 21 different movie series editions. If you were to purchase each of these Performance Tasks individually, it would cost $84. At only $7, this bundle saves you about 92% off retail price!
In Who’s Watching? students use real information about their favorite movie series to practice opinion writing. As movie marketers, they have to read opinion texts and interpret information in a chart in order to decide which movie should be re-released. They then structure their own opinion and conduct a focus group discussion to get other opinions, before writing a report to movie executives.
This Who’s Watching? Performance Task set includes:
* Harry Potter
* Back to the Future
* Diary of a Wimpy Kid
* Home Alone
* Indiana Jones
* Iron Man
* Jurassic Park
* Pirates of the Caribbean
* Spy Kids
* Star Wars
* The Chronicles of Narnia
* The Fast and the Furious
* The Hobbit
* Toy Story
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core and skills alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation through reading. Students start by annotating and analyzing a text that carefully models the text type.
* Level 2 Activity – Starting to write. Students use what they have learned so far to complete a short piece of writing or plan their writing.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the collaboration! Fun and engaging speaking and listening activities through authentic simulations lead students toward their final piece of extended writing.
* Finale Activities – Finish up. Each performance task ends with five options for extended writing of the same text type within a real-world context.
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key and rubric for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
This set also comes with student versions, which include everything but the teacher guide and answer key.
Click here to find the single-edition version of this set!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!