BUNDLE - Performance Tasks – Persuasive Reading & Writing – Star Sluggers - ELA
Now you can get more options and save money with this collection of all editions of Star Sluggers!
This set includes the Star Sluggers Performance Task in 30 different MLB teams editions. If you were to purchase each of these Performance Tasks individually, it would cost $120. At only $7, this bundle saves you about 94% off retail price!
In Star Sluggers Performance Task, students use their favorite baseball team to practice persuasive reading and writing. As aspiring sports journalists for the local paper, they are writing an article on the team's best hitter of all time. They read persuasive texts and interpret information presented quantitatively on different players, before researching further information of their own. They then present to their editor to justify each of their opinions with sufficient evidence and then write their final article.
This Star Sluggers Performance Task set includes:
* Arizona Diamondbacks
* Atlanta Braves
* Baltimore Orioles
* Boston Red Sox
* Chicago Cubs
* Chicago White Sox
* Cincinnati Reds
* Cleveland Indians
* Colorado Rockies
* Detriot Tigers
* Houston Astros
* Kansas City Royals
* Los Angeles Angels
* Los Angeles Dodgers
* Miami Marlins
* Milwaukee Brewers
* Minnesota Twins
* New York Mets
* New York Yankees
* Oakland Athletics
* Philadelphia Phillies
* Pittsburgh Pirates
* San Diego Padres
* San Francisco Giants
* Seattle Mariners
* St. Louis Cardinals
* Tampa Bay Rays
* Texas Rangers
* Toronto Blue Jays
* Washington Nationals
What’s included in this Performance Task:
* Teacher Guide – Get an overview of the Performance Task, including helpful suggestions for use and the Common Core and skills alignment for each activity.
* Level 1 Activity – Laying the foundation through reading. Students start by annotating and analyzing a text that carefully models the text type.
* Level 2 Activity – Starting to write. Students use what they have learned so far to complete a short piece of writing or plan their writing.
* Challenge Activity – Bring on the collaboration! Fun and engaging speaking and listening activities through authentic simulations lead students toward their final piece of extended writing.
* Finale Activities – Finish up. Each performance task ends with five options for extended writing of the same text type within a real-world context.
* Complete Answer Key – All Performance Tasks come with a complete answer key and rubric for all activities.
* Job Background – Each Performance Task enables students to picture themselves in a real world career. Find information about the career, including entry-level education, median pay, and job outlook.
This set also comes with student versions, which include everything but the teacher guide and answer key.
Click here to find the single-edition version of this set!
Thanks and be sure to check out our other Performance Tasks!