This pack includes four Sight Word Snakes and Ladders Game Boards - two for each of the PreK and Kindergarten Dolch Sight Word Levels. Help your students build their sight word fluency while also engaging them in this fun game.
Sight word recognition improves reading fluency, allowing the student to focus their efforts on the more mentally demanding task of reading comprehension.
Your students can play this game for homework, during guided reading lessons, as a literacy circle activity or as an early finisher activity.
The Dolch Word List is a list of commonly used English words originally compiled by Edward Dolch, PhD. Many sight words can not be "sounded out" and must be learned by sight. Sight word recognition improves reading fluency, allowing the student to focus their efforts on the more mentally demanding task of reading comprehension.
Words included in this pack are: a, and, away, big, blue, can, come, down, find, for, funny, go, help, here, I, in, is, it, jump, little, look, make, me, my, not, one, play, red, run, said, see, the, three, to, two, up, we, where, yellow, you, all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes.
Download the preview to see a visual of the product.
In this BUNDLE you will receive:
1. Four Sight Word Snakes and Ladders Boards
- 2 x PreK Snakes and Ladders Boards
- 2 x Kindergarten Snakes and Ladders Boards
Please note: These words have the US spellings of words, and therefore would be suitable in countries that spell in this way e.g. color
How do you play?
Snakes and Ladders is a two-person game.
- Snakes and Ladders Sight Word Game Board*
- One die
- Two game pieces to move around the board
1. Both players begin on the Start! area.
2. When a player moves their game piece to a new spot, they must read each word along their path in order to progress. If they are unable to read one of the words, then they wait on that word until their next turn.
3. If a player lands on a square with a snake or a ladder, and they say the sight word correctly, they can move their game piece up the snake or ladder.
4. The first player to reach Finish! wins.
*Laminate board game boards for durability
You Might Also Like:
Kindergarten High Frequency Sight Word (Dolch) Flash Cards - 52 Cards
BUNDLE 52 Kindergarten and 40 PreK Sight Word (Dolch) PowerPoints
40 PreK Sight Word (Dolch) PowerPoints
BUNDLE Pre K-K Sight Word Dolch Printables
52 Kindergarten Sight Word Dolch Printables
40 PreK Sight Word Dolch Printables
BUNDLE PreK & Kindergarten (Dolch) Bingo Cards
BUNDLE PreK & Kindergarten (Dolch) Sight Word BOOM Card Games
We really appreciate your feedback! If you enjoy this resource, don't forget to leave feedback so you receive credit and other teachers can find it too!
If you're interested in upcoming Top Teaching Tasks resources, click on the green star to follow!
Stay in touch
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Pin with us on Pinterest!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel!