Products in this Bundle (5)
20% OFF! Here are five radio theater plays adapted specifically for the classroom, PLUS a unit on radio theater, too. Teaching with radio theater helps students strengthen their reading, speaking and speaking skills while working cooperatively. A teacher can use the unit separately of the plays if they have another radio play they'd rather produce.
This TEN DAY unit, nearly 30 pages in length, is suitable for middle and high school drama classes and includes:
• a lesson on the history of radio theater
• information about Foley engineers
• three links to video clips of Foleys
• student created sound effect project
• five links to radio play performances (some vintage and some recent)
• a lesson in writing and producing radio commercials
• links to four commercials and two acting exercises focused on sound effects
• procedure plan to follow throughout the unit
• teacher’s questions--what I say and how I say it!
• a sound effects quiz
• a student group example of a radio commercial
• trivia about radio theater stars
• a page demonstrating how to direct a radio play
• a floor plan for blocking and an explanation of the floor plan
• a page advising what certain stage directions mean which are specific to radio plays
• a page with synopses of three radio play adaptations
The radio plays products includes:
- note for the teacher/director
- brief biographies on the author of the books or stories-- H.G. Welles, William Clark Russell, Edgar Allen Poe and Oscar Wilde
- radio play, including sound and music cues
- The Frozen Pirate contains an original song reminiscent of a sea shanty of the time period & sound byte
These plays are royalty free! Perform them for the school, a parent open house or the end of the semester. You can spend one day studying radio theater or several days. Either way, they are ready to go--just copy and start in on the fun!
Time Tested by Veteran Award Winning Teacher of 38 years, these plays are winners!
For more Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of other Dramamommmaspeaks products:
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
"I love the challenges included in this resource and what it does to storytelling. I can't wait to try them with my students! Thank you!"
An absolutely comprehensive package that is easy to implement- what a time saver! A creative way of encouraging students to learn about stage properties set and sound design, view video examples, take notes, and simply be creative! Looking forward to using this!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.