Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Perfect for the new teacher or those looking for unique and innovative resources. This bundle (265 pages) has everything you need to teach a drama class for a semester, quarter or month (depending upon how many times you see your students.) I created these lessons for my own classes and used them fo$63.00$76.00Save $13.00
20% OFF! Four of my most popular products! 126 pages! Here is EVERYTHING you need: a MONTH and a HALF'S worth of engaging, unique and creative learning lessons and units about drama. It is suitable for middle and high school drama or gifted classes.
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will: FOLLOW ME
This THREE WEEK Radio Theater unit, 48 pages in length, contains:
• A lesson on the history of radio theater
• Information about Foley engineers
• Three links to video clips of Foleys
• Student created sound effect project
• Five links to radio play performances (some vintage and some recent)
• A lesson in writing and producing radio commercials
• Links to four commercials and two acting exercises focused on sound effects
• A FREE script of my adaptation of H.G. Welles' The Invisible Man suitable for classroom with NO ROYALTIES for performances, including sound effects and music cues placed in the script
• Procedure plan to follow throughout the unit
• Teacher’s script--what I say and how I say it!
• A sound effects quiz
• A student group example of a radio commercial
• Trivia about radio theater stars and radio programs
• Music suggestions with links
• Floor plan for blocking a radio play and suggestions how to direct it, plus links demonstrating the directing of a radio play
Set Design Unit Fairy Tale Setting
Students learn about the history of set design, famous set designers, develop a critical eye about what makes up an award winning set design, create a ground plan for a story of their choosing and draw a rendering. In addition, the students must work with ratios and measuring. The first two assignments are completed individually, but then the fun begins! The students are paired up to create a model working together towards the goal. There is even room for parents to celebrate the end of the unit with your students.
Included in the Set Design Bundle Unit:
• An overview of the unit for the teacher
• Rationale for teaching set design
• History of set design
• Set designer's responsibilities
• Teacher's script
• Warm up for day one
• Procedures for each day (8)
• Lecture notes including links
• Information about the message color conveys
• Ground plan example
• Rendering examples
• Stage curtain sheet for rendering
• Step by step directions for model building including photo examples
• Cheat sheet for various set pieces
• Assignment sheet for each step of the design process
• Exit slip prompts for 4 days
• Grade sheet EDITABLE
• Source Page
Set Design Templates Product
These Set Design templates are time savers for the busy teacher.
Note: These templates are sketched on l/2 grid paper. The students can use them as examples, but they will not be the correct measurements if they merely trace them.
There are eleven templates:
- fireplace mantel
- cemetery grave marker
These templates were created to answer the requests for additional templates to accompany the
Storytelling with Student Created Pictures
This is a ONE WEEK unit focused on storytelling using a Japanese form of storytelling called Kamishibai as its spring board. This unit is successful with third through seventh grade students and classes in language arts, reading, drama, world history, social studies and ESL.
Broken into eight class periods, the unit can be halted intermittently if need be.
The product includes:
- What is Kamishibai storytelling (using its form as a model)
- The History of Kamishiba
- How Analyze Illustrations Just Like Film Makers Do!
- Effective Storytelling Techniques
- Teacher's Script
- Materials List--Most You Will Have in Your Classroom All Ready
- Instructions How Create the Boards and the "Tricky Part"
- Tips and Advice
- Editable Storytelling Rubric
The best part? This storytelling style can be used with ANY story. Students are highly engaged and LOVE this unit!
Lin Manuel Miranda
Here's a mini lesson to re-energize your class. This non-fiction biography about the performing artist Lin Manuel Miranda of Hamilton fame, is suitable for middle and high school students and can be used as a stand alone lesson or with other biographies. Each lesson in the Places Please series is tailored to the strengths of that particular artist.
Need a quick emergency lesson plan? Or one for a substitute? Stay tuned. This is part of a bundle.
This Product includes:
- A Complete Bio about Lin Manuel Miranda
- A Suggested Lesson, an Exercise in Rapping, Which Complements the Learning
- Important Dates in His Life
- Awards He Has Won
- Quotes from Miranda
- Questions and Answer Sheet
- Source & Links to Movie Examples
These unique and engaging products were created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher of 38 years.
BONUS FREE PRODUCT!
Free Costume Design with Fairy Tales--This is another very popular lesson of mine. Perfect for a substitute or emergency lesson plan.
For more Dramamommaspeaks Products, go to:
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
You may need these products: